How Do You Play with These Wooden Rings?

As kids we had these wooden rings and recently I ran across some of them again. I wonder if anyone out there knows how they were played with? Seems like wooden sticks may have been part of the game?

By Ann from Loup City, NE

Those great little wooden rings came with Carrom's early board game - similar to a four pocket - square pool table. There was a checker board on one side - and a variety of games that could be played with them. The Carrom board is still available - but the rings are plastic now - so hold on to those oldies!

Thank you and now I remember having the board with the net pockets. Oh if only!

My brother and I used to play this game. Ours were wooden also and we thumped them with our finger to shoot them across the board and knock other Carroms into the pockets.

Can't remember the rules but it was a lot of fun. Seems like the red ones knocked in were 10 points and the greens ones were 5 points. The unpainted ones were used for shooters and the black one was a 25 pointer. We may have made up our own rules.

Carrom game in action;

Anyway, you have some antiques there.

I did a google search on this game, they still sell the board and the rules are on line here: ... amp;gs_rfai=&fp=6966e7bb78526f1d

Good Luck!

Entertainment GamesMarch 30, 2010
Man Tuning His Guitar
Tuning a Guitar
diamond ring
Fixing Rings That Are Too Big
Woman Cleaning Bathtub
Cleaning Bathtub Rings
Blue ribbon and snowflake napkin ring
Homemade Napkin Ring Ideas