Removing Pet Poop Odor from Carpets

Once the feces is picked up, this smell can linger. This guide is about removing pet poop odor from carpets.

Removing Pet Poop Odor from Carpets  0 Layout Assign
Filter Sort

Question: Getting Rid of Poop Odor

By amy 12 11

My two dogs have started pooping in the house and I have tried everything from bleach to vinegar to get rid of the smell, nothing is working. I have had to open the windows to help somewhat disburse the smell, but still can smell it. Please any suggestions will be appreciated to get rid of this smell.

Amy from Evansdale

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Itchy 1 Flag

A good spot clean and then dump baking soda on it. Make sure to get as much of the moisture out of the spot that you can and then liberal amounts of baking soda left to sit will absorb the odor. Then vacuum it up. Don't forget to take care of your vac bag though. They can hold odors in your house that your nose may be used to, yet company can peg right away....

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Pet Poop Odors from Carpet

By Cindy 1

How do you get doggy diarrhea smell out of your carpet? My carpet is very plush and a neutral color.

By Cindy from Alvin, TX

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Joan 21 301 Flag

I've always had success using equal parts vinegar and water.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Poop Odor from Carpet

By Amy 1

My son takes his diaper and he has smeared poop all over his walls and floor. How do I get the smell out of his rug?

By Amy from Orlando, FL

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Lee Taylor 15 427 Flag

I've sprinkled dry coffee grounds on rugs, let it sit for several hours and then vacuum or shake outside and it's helped me with odors before. Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Cat Poop and Odor from Carpet

By Linda Delcamp 48 19

I would like to know how to get rid of the smell and residue of cat poop on carpet. Apparently our cat either had some on her paws or a little on her butt when she used the litter box and it all didn't come off in the box. She walked around the house and left some on the bedroom carpet. Does anyone know a natural way to get rid of the residue and smell? We tried using baking soda, but the residue is still there. How do you clean the area of the rug for this?

By Linda from Brighton, MI

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Lizzyanny 9 1,251 Flag

Most any cleaner should take the stain up. For the odor use Natures Miracle, an enzyme cleaner found at most pet stores. Actually the Natures Miracle works well as a cleaner too. Remember it has to be fully dry for the odor to fade. I have also had good luck with a product called Fizzion, for both odor and cleaning.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJanuary 16, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
A skunk getting ready to spray.
Removing Skunk Smell from a Car
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Upclose photo of beige carpet.
Cleaning Carpets Without a Vacuum
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:14:20 AM on 10.0.0.57 in 973 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings