Planning a Skating Birthday Party

My daughter is soon to be turning sweet 16. She wants to have a skating party for her friends. How do I go about planning something like that? We do have a skating rink here. How do I convinced them to close it down for about two hours? How do I decorate something that big? She is going for a 70's theme.

Decandice from Rock Hill

I'm not sure where you are located or if your hometown has a skating rink, but that sure sounds fun. I didn't understand if you meant for the rink to close down for your party, but I've been to several skating parties and although the party planner did not close the rink down we skated with the general public which can be a lot of fun as well. Some skating rinks also have a party room that you can rent or use just for the cake etc. You could decorate with posters of "Saturday Night Fever" etc. The DJ at the rink may even be able to play some of the 70's music while the kids skate and you could bring a boom box and get some cd's for the party room. Hope this helps.

A lot of public rinks will schedule a party. Some of my best memories growing up were the skating parties. Give them a call and see what you can work out.

i have had several skating parties for my kids and to close it down they would need a big number plus it is a huge cost so plan it on a weekend day afternoon when it is family skate time or something not too packed mine were like 2-5 and they can do pizzas etc you bring cake you can buy like glow sticks and things at the dollar store i would have her do or buy a groovy 70s ish kinda invitation and say wear your best 70's clothes! bell bottoms polyester pants thrift store finds!! your daughter can wear a scarf in her hair! a hair comb in her back jeans pocket man!! i am dating myself i actually did that one! lol do her make up 70 ish blue eye shadow!

definitely have them play some 70s tunes or buy a cd cheaply ask them to play a few songs ymca and maybe like my sharona Saturday night fever any of that stuff if you would have known a while back i would have said after Halloween costumes and that hippy stuff would be so cheap! i would do the crazy pink shiny lip gloss too! definitely encourage wigs 70 make up clothing etc!!! have fun o and sometimes you can find those hippy style paper lanterns that hang at the dollar store those would be cool too!

Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayDecember 28, 2007
Museum Themed Party
Throwing Museum Themed Party
teen dancing
Planning a Dance Birthday Party for Teens
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Luxury Teen Birthday Party
Planning A Luxury Teen Birthday Party
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 22, 2016 at 7:40:41 PM on 10.0.1.8 in 937 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.