Making Number Shaped Pinatas

I want to make a pinata in the shapes of a 4 and 0 for a 40th birthday party. Any ideas?

Angela from Boston, MA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You will have to surf through Thrifty Fun to see what to cover it with, but I should think the interior and base could be made from taped together playing cards, or flash cards.

Why taped together? Because at some point you want it to break open.

You could use cardboard from cereal boxes or something (thin, non-corrugated) to make the outline of the numbers, then tape or glue pieces of newspaper to the front and the back to hold the shape. Then cover completely with your paper mache. We always dipped strips of newspaper in flour and water with a little salt so it wouldn't mold. Decorate with crepe paper streamers or tissue paper.

I've made pinata's out of shopping bags (the ones with a handle). The first one I did was a bit tough to open so the next one, I scored (snipped slits in it) before I covered it. I glued on strips of streamers, then an image I printed out.

Answer

Make Your Own GamesDecember 11, 2008
Heart Shaped Petal Flower
Heart Shaped Pin Crafts
large present
Gift Wrapping Odd Shaped Presents
Gluing into heart.
Making a Heart Shaped Wall Hanging
Shamrock Shaped Treats
Shamrock Shaped Treats
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 21, 2016 at 9:03:03 AM on 10.0.2.53 in 584 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.