Making a Jellyfish Piñata for Kids
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
July 30, 2018
Make a personal and reusable piñata for your kid(s). This is a cute idea for reward or treat time without needing a party! This piñata can easily be made with items you already have at home and you can decorate with any piñata theme you wish!
Once your piñata is used, you can save all the pieces to use again in the future. The only item you will need to re-make is the tissue paper layer.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- paper cup
- tissue paper
- construction paper
- hot glue
- wiggly eyes
- X-acto knife
- Cut strips of 2" paper (or your desired size and color). This will be wrapped around your cup.
- Using your scissors, cut 3/4 of the way leaving a little left. Repeat on all the strips.
- Fluff the strips you cut up. Or you can fluff after gluing down (up to you!).
- Poke a hole in the bottom of your cup and slide your ribbon in. Tie a knot on the inside (this is so you can hang your piñata or hold).
- Ready to hot glue strips of paper around the cup. Repeat until fully completed.
- The piñata theme is a jelly fish so I hot glued on wiggly eyes.
- Cut a square shape larger than the cup opening on a double layer of tissue paper.
- Add your choice of sweets, candy, toys, small knick knacks, stickers, etc. (up to you) inside the cup then secure the tissue square with a rubber band.
- Now you are ready to add ribbon underneath on the tissue paper. For the ribbon that you don't want to rip the piñata, just secure with a little bit of tape. For the ribbon that will break the piñata (tissue paper) use a thicker tape like packaging tape! It will be more fun for your child to keep pulling until they find the ribbon that will break the piñata!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.