Make A Spreadsheet To Organize Your Home

After years of not being able to find things in our home, I have created an Excel spreadsheet which I call "Where Everything Is". In column A, an item is listed (i.e., Alex's wallet). Column B says where the item is stored (i.e., Alex's top nightstand drawer). Column C is a date of the entry.

My husband and I use it for insurance papers, etc. Seems kind of simple, I realize, but you'd be surprised how many times this has come in SO HANDY!

By CandaceK from Scottsdale, AZ

I don't think so.

I think it's a good idea. Now that I'm running the household (very ill husband), just as soon as I get rid of the clutter and confusion, I'll set up one.

Photo of organized kitchen cabinets.
Organizing Your Home
Organizing MiscellaneousDecember 1, 2009
Closet full of prom dresses.
Planning a Prom Dress Re-Sale Event
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
Old Kitchen Cabinet
Uses for Old Kitchen Cabinets
Cigars in a Box
Uses for Cigar Boxes