Use a Binder to Organize Recipes

Category Recipes
One convenient way to organize your recipes is by placing them in one or more binders, depending on your method of organization. This is a guide about use a binder to organize recipes.

I have made a "recipe notebook" out of a 3-ring binder and clear insert pages to hold all my recipes that were loose in my kitchen drawer. I have also written down my recipes "from memory", that I know how to make, but never bothered to write down. This way my girls will have all of Mom's recipes when I'm gone.

By vickie guy from Earle, AR

I start gathering all my favorite holiday recipes a month before Thanksgiving or Christmas. The recipes I plan to use are then placed into plastic page protectors, then those pages are placed into a plastic binder that can be wiped clean. This works very well to keep everything organized and protected and next year you will have a reminder of what you cooked the year before. :-)

I've started to organize my recipes together as meals. I know that I always serve my Mexican rice recipe with my black bean casserole so now I keep them printed out on one sheet and then stored in my 3 ring binder. I always serve apple crisp with my Cracker Barrel casserole. So I have apple crisp with my desserts for the times I just want to make it alone, but then also as a dinner menu with the other so I always know where it is.

By Melanie

I try to plan dinners in advance by choosing recipes and listing needed ingredients on a shopping list. The shopping list is always written on a sticky note and attached to a first insert (card stock) of my mini binder (7" x 4.5") which is always with me in my purse.

I attach the sticky note to a handle of a shopping cart at a grocery store. I put the recipes I am shopping for in the same binder in Ziploc sandwich bags. The recipes stay in the binder until I have time to prepare them. The protector gives some durability to the magazine clippings and also protects them from the kitchen grease when I am actually cooking (I attach the Ziploc bag with a recipe to my refrigerator with a magnet).

By Elena from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

I have a bookcase in my dining room filled with cookbooks that I have bought over the years. It is difficult, however, to remember which cookbook my favorite recipes are in.

So I created my own cookbook with all my favorites.

My three daughters were always asking me to share some of my favorite recipes, so I surprised them one Christmas by printing some of my favorites on acid-free paper, and putting them in small 3-ring binders that contained plastic sheet protectors.

To keep my recipes clean, I place them in a plastic sheet and organize them in a large three ring binder. When I use one, I take it out of the binder. When finished, I wipe up any spills then return it to its place in the binder.

I like to print out recipes I find online and I figured out a good way to organize and store them. I print them out so they take up a full page and then three hole punch them.

I have two thick 3-ring binders, divided with tabs to make sections.