Fruit and Cake Mix Muffins

Once again, I have to thank the person who submitted the Weight Watchers muffin recipe using pumpkin and cake mix. My husband and I are responsible for donuts and muffins for our church on the first Sunday of every month.

I have been making a regular muffin, using oil and eggs and different flavorings for one kind, and in the last several months, I have just been adding 12 oz. of unsweetened, canned fruit to a box of cake mix, usually yellow. I've added cinnamon and nutmeg to the pumpkin and yellow cake mix, I've used unsweetened applesauce and nice, fresh apple chunks to another batch, and this month, I added 12 oz. of crushed pineapple.

Next month, I think I will add some cherries (I've canned some sour cherries made with fructose for pies), and I've yet to try mandarin oranges, but plan to. So far, we haven't had any left overs! If a recipe is necessary, this is what I have been doing:

Ingredients

• 12 oz. unsweetened, canned fruit
  • 1 box Duncan Hines cake mix

Nothing else!

Directions

Stir fruit into mix until just moistened. Batter will be thick and lumpy. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, until done. Makes about 15 muffins.

This might add a little kick to those New Years' diets!

By Margie from Mount Vernon, OH

Thank you so much for this ... I am always looking for healthy flavorful things to take to family and church get togethers.

Hello, great idea! I was wondering though if you need to chop up the fruit first.

Blessings my friend!

Both of our sons went to Mt. Vernon Nazerene Unv. :~)

Sorry, I'm a bit confused........ So no oil and eggs and if not, does it stay together?

It IS a wonderful idea which I want to try to night!

She means to mix your cake mix according to package directions and then add the can of drained fruit to your cake mix. Then add nothing else.

Sorry, DO NOT mix the cake mix according to package directions. Just add 12 oz. of unsweetened fruit, maybe chopped up and a bit of the juice (I JUST used the applesauce as is, and the crushed pineapple as is). No water, no eggs, no oil. Honest! It is very good.

Do you happen to know how many points the muffins are?

This is similar to Dump Cake. You just add a can of fruit, sweetened or unsweetened, to a box of cake mix. Mix it well and bake it according to package directions. You don't use eggs, oil or anything else, but you can add nuts and such, if you like. This can be made into cupcakes, but usually it is baked in a 9 x 13 " pan.

Ok so we only use one jar of applesauce and one box of yellow cake mix. Do we need to add the eggs?

Making Cake Mix Muffins
Cake Mix Muffin Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Breads MuffinsJanuary 15, 2008
Chex Mix
Homemade Chex Mix Recipes
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
chocolate cake
Better Than Anything (Sex) Cake Recipes
Making a boxed cake mix.
Baking a Cake With Boxed Cake Mix
🎉
🎄