Fold Patterns To Correct Size

This is for people who sew. I buy those multiple size patterns for many of my granddaughter's garments. I cut out the pattern pieces to the largest size. Then I cut across the cutting line at several places around the pattern. Then I fold the pieces to the cutting line for the appropriate size. This enables me to use the pattern for several seasons and I can also use size 6 length with a size 5 garment as she is rather tall for her age. The patterns last longer and will do for more than one child.

By MartyD from Houston, TX

I sew as well and this would require some tricky folding on some patterns! I use tracing paper and a tracing wheel and mark my pattern along the correct line.

However, with patterns at Jo-Anns for $1.99, it sometimes is not worth the effort. Make it easy on yourself. You are doing your bit by sewing instead of purchasing. Cut yourself a break and make the pattern part easy.

I use paper and trace off duplicate patterns in different sizes. Especially if I am going to use it more than once. This is much easier, and the paper I use is much more durable and lasts longer.

Using Sewing Machine
Tips for Using Sewing Patterns
Crafts SewingOctober 1, 2007
clothing pattern
McCall's Patterns Reviews
Panty Hose
Pantyhose Tips and Tricks
tabby colored Scottish Fold kitten
Scottish Fold Breed Information and Photos
Large roast turkey.
What Size Turkey Should I Cook?