Fold Patterns To Correct Size

This is for people who sew. I buy those multiple size patterns for many of my granddaughter's garments. I cut out the pattern pieces to the largest size. Then I cut across the cutting line at several places around the pattern. Then I fold the pieces to the cutting line for the appropriate size. This enables me to use the pattern for several seasons and I can also use size 6 length with a size 5 garment as she is rather tall for her age. The patterns last longer and will do for more than one child.

By MartyD from Houston, TX

I sew as well and this would require some tricky folding on some patterns! I use tracing paper and a tracing wheel and mark my pattern along the correct line.

However, with patterns at Jo-Anns for $1.99, it sometimes is not worth the effort. Make it easy on yourself. You are doing your bit by sewing instead of purchasing. Cut yourself a break and make the pattern part easy.

I use paper and trace off duplicate patterns in different sizes. Especially if I am going to use it more than once. This is much easier, and the paper I use is much more durable and lasts longer.

Using Sewing Machine
Tips for Using Sewing Patterns
Crafts SewingOctober 1, 2007
clothing pattern
McCall's Patterns Reviews
tabby colored Scottish Fold kitten
Scottish Fold Breed Information and Photos
Close up of a sewing pattern.
Using ConTact Paper for Protecting Sewing Patterns
Large roast turkey.
What Size Turkey Should I Cook?
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 2:01:50 AM on 10.0.1.11 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.