Plants Seem Stunted from Cool Weather

I planted my garden on May 25th. And its been cooler than average so far this year, especially in the evening. I believe my plants may have stunted because of this. They look very healthy but they're not getting any bigger. Is there anything I can do to kind of shock them out of this?

By Cael35 from Erie, PA

With the cool weather we have had this spring and summer, this is a common problem all over the states, we have the same problem here. Most of us won't have much of a crop this year. So sad. I listen to a garden guy on the radio on Saturdays, he says there is nothing we can do. Farmers are having the same problems.

A basket of late summer vegetables and herbs from the garden.
Growing Vegetables
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceJune 29, 2009
A dog drinking water on a hot day.
Keeping Your Dog Safe in Hot Weather
Kale after snow has fallen.
Vegetables That Taste Better After Frost
Variety of garden vegetables and fruits in and surrounding a basket on a table.
Harvesting Common Garden Vegetables
Photo of a frozen rose bush.
Protecting Plants from Cold Weather