Use Salt To Extend The Life Of Nylons

I have lived and worked in Las Vegas for over 20 years. My job (jobs) require that I wear nylons. I wear two pairs for the extra support on my legs (and to hide varicose veins and cellulite). I soak my nylons in warm water with soap and add a tablespoon of table salt to the water. I let soak at least 1-2 hours, then I dry them on delicate or hung over the shower curtain rod. The salt is a natural preservative and it toughens up the nylon! Most of my co-workers have switched from Danskins ($12 a pair) to Leggs/Hanes ($2-$4 a pair) and they will last just as long, and look more natural then the Danskins!

By Sonja from Las Vegas, NV

woman wearing nylons
Making Nylons Last Longer
Consumer Advice Clothing TipsMay 26, 2008
Uses for Nylons
Uses for Nylons
Making Flowers From Nylons
Making Flowers From Nylons
A salt dough ornament on a Christmas tree.
Making Salt Dough Ornaments
Woman Wiping Down Wood Cabinet With Yellow Cloth
Homemade Wood Cleaners
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 2:10:00 AM on 10.0.2.252 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.