Browsing: Crafts Using Salt Dough

Salt Dough Turkey Centerpiece

Several years ago I made a beautiful turkey centerpiece out of salt dough. Unfortunately, I cannot find the instructions. I remember that the dough was rolled out then cut with a pizza cutter into strips. The dough strips were then placed over an inverted glass mixing bowl forming "loops" to create the tail. The rest of the turkey was just formed out of the dough and then baked to harden. Once hardened, you placed a block of foam behind the tail loops into which you inserted real feathers or dried flowers, etc.

I would be overjoyed if anyone has the instructions for this project. I have the salt dough recipe, just need the instructions.

Lou Ann from Utah

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I have several recipes for salt dough that I use with pre-schoolers. Most of them can be found at http://www.familyfun.com They have MANY craft ideas and recipes for that kind of thing. Hope you can find it there. If not, you may be able to if you do a search for "salt dough".

Hi your turkey centerpiece sound interesting could you please send me a picture if possible thanks. jojo

to : Jessi_190@hotmail.com

I had a neighbor who made one of these many years ago and I too have been looking for the recipe or craft book where it may be found. If you find it, I would appreciate you emailing me. Thanks janeenme AT yahoo.com

Salt Dough Ornament
Crafts Using Salt Dough
Crafts ThanksgivingNovember 15, 2004
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
A cooked turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker (Crockpot)
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
A salt dough ornament on a Christmas tree.
Making Salt Dough Ornaments
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 23, 2016 at 8:23:28 AM on 10.0.1.91 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.