Making a Flower Pot Turkey Centerpiece
Using a small terra cotta pot you can make this cute centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table. This is a page about making a flower pot Thanksgiving turkey centerpiece
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Turkey made from a clay flower pot and fall leaves (real or fake). Easy for kids to make.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- brown paint
- paint brush
- kernel of field corn
- red yarn or felt
- google eyes or buttons
- round wood ball or apple shape
- small clay flower pot
- ribbon for bow
- hot glue
- Paint the wood ball or apple shape and clay pot. Let dry. Be sure it is the correct size for the size of pot you have.
- Turn the pot upside down and glue the head on.
- Glue the eyes on the head.
- Glue the leaves on the back of the pot to make a fan-like tail.
- Glue the kernel of corn on the head for the beak.
- Glue the felt or yarn by the beak.
- Glue a ribbon on the top front of pot for his bow tie. If you make a lady you can add a hat or lace in front with tiny buttons, too.
Note: Be sure to help the children with the hot glue gun.
By Little Suzy from Millbury, OH
November 10, 20100 found this helpful