Making a Turkey Pumpkin Centerpiece
Using a pumpkin I created a cute Thanksgiving turkey centerpiece.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- a pumpkin
- some felt or even stiff colored paper
- a pretty bow or ribbon to make one
- optional 2 sequins for the center of the eyes
- a thumbtack
- a tongue depressor or a piece of stiff cardboard
- Cut felt into the turkey shapes shown in my photo and glue pieces on with craft glue
- Include a simple bow shape and add the little sequins in the center of the eyes.
- Glue Tom onto a craft stick or firm cardboard on the back for strength and to stand alone upright
- Either make a bow with some ribbon (as pictured here) or use an existing bow you may have and tie it to the stem on the back of Tom to make a pretty but simple tail display.
- I chose to attach the 'Tom' front to the pumpkin with one thumbtack in the middle of the bow. Easy!
- I sat him in a bed of shreddings that I had from a gift basket.
- I think he looks pretty cute, don't you agree?
2 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Don't store your Halloween pumpkins away just yet! You can use them as decorations for Thanksgiving. Transform your pumpkin into a turkey with some construction paper, pipe cleaners, and googly eyes.
November 12, 2008
Step by step instructions on how to create this beautiful centerpiece, PDF instructions to print are included.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.