Hooks for Backpacks

My best back-to-school tip is to have a "spot" or hook for each child's backpack. That way it can easily be located in the morning when leaving and anything else that needs to go that morning can be set beside the backpack as a reminder. Packing the backpack with completed homework, signed papers, and "show and tell" the night before helps the morning go smoother also.

By Cheryl from MO

Good advice! I am a Mom who loves to check my kid's backpacks as soon as they arrive home. I like to see if there's a note from the teacher telling about their day or any artwork. If I don't write notes right then and there, then I do in the evening while I'm watching TV. If there is something to sign or money to send, I definitely do it the night before. I'd hate to make the teacher ask again plus it definitely makes for a smoother morning. Once the backpacks are ready then I set by the front door. Usually I have to add something to my son's lunchbox in the am ....anything cold for example but I do prepare what I can the night before as well.

Debbie