Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Funny Award Ideas

I am hosting my 40th Academy Awards party and want awards to give to my family and friends. I have trophies, but want funny awards eg. induct my parents into hall of fame, sports team of the year, etc. I need one for my husband, children, and one for my best friend. Any ideas?

By Toni from QLD Australia

By Candle_boo04/17/2013

I once did something like this, have a "best dressed" or "best smile" or "most likely to get a food stain" think along those lines!

~hope this helps :)

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Funny Award Ideas

Does anyone know where to find awards with humor? For example, the lifesaver award and you give them a pack of lifesavers. I am holding an adult recognition luncheon and would like to add some humor in it.

Thanks.

Penny

RE: Funny Award Ideas

Check out budget101.com they have a number of survival packs that you could possibly get some ideas from. (04/21/2005)

By Ljnavy

RE: Funny Award Ideas

You can print certificates on your computer and instead of writing "Honorable" Mention, you could write "Horrible" Mention for someone who goofed up something. (04/21/2005)

By Liz

RE: Funny Award Ideas

You could give candy or Hershey kisses or something like that to the sweetest person. Maybe a clown nose for the funniest person sort of like a class clown type of thing. Maybe an apron or a chef's hat for the best cook. (07/29/2005)

RE: Funny Award Ideas

Visit: FunnyEmployeeAwards.com for lots of great funny awards and ideas. Examples include:
  • The Loch Ness Award: for the worker who is never seen in the office
  • The Spammie: for the person always forwarding around silly emails;
  • The Jeff Gordon Award: for the employee always racing to get to the office on time
(11/29/2006)

By Larry

RE: Funny Award Ideas

RE: Funny Award Ideas

You could give someone a beer mug or a bottle of beer for someone who loves drinking alcohol, the "Weightlifting Award". (12/04/2006)

By Maria

RE: Funny Award Ideas

For my speech I have to do an award, and I thought why not something funny, like greatest smile award? (05/15/2008)

By Juliet

RE: Funny Award Ideas

Try this it's quite useful. bbc.co.uk (05/21/2008)

By Sue W