CenterpiecesParty

"Time Warp" Centerpieces

We are having our annual women's event at our church. The theme is "Time Warp" - we are doing fashion, skits, trivia, etc. through each decade starting with the 1900's. Any ideas on what I could do for centerpieces? I will need 25 of them.

Stephanie from Munroe Falls, Ohio

What about different hats? You could get hats from differing eras (fashion changes quick enough). If you include men's and women's, you should have enough to make 25. Heck, for the 50's you could use an Elvis wig! Check thrift stores or tap older relatives.

If you could find some old catalogues from the eras you are working with, perhaps you could color copy fashions, appliances with prices and glue to bristol board and cut out. Using styrofoam disks, cut slits to fit each cutout then add a line of glue to each slit, gluing the cutouts at varying heights and arrangements as you find pleasing. Perhaps each table could feature a decade or era.

How about something with a "clock" or calendar motif.

Old 45 records as part of the centerpiece.

Ashtrays! Put flowers in them!!

If you want to use old vinyl records as centerpieces, there is a great craft project here on ThriftyFun that would be great. I've been wanting to make one of these myself. You can probably get old records at the Goodwill or even garage sales.

http://www.thri … f895928.tip.html

Have a great party.

Jess in Portland

Hi, I put my post on here yesterday about using 45's and 38's etc. Don't know why it did not appear, but I posted it

hi my suggestion would be to shop the thrift stores looking for any items that can be grouped together from each decade.like in the 1900 the ladies wore flowers on there hats and men dressed in a western modif; table one and in the 20's they wore boas and the men top hats;table 2 ect.so having each table to cover a decade.im sure youll find lots of neet stuff and then all the tables will be different but carry the whole message.