Processing and Selling Spanish Moss

How do you clean and sanitize Spanish moss? How can I locate a buyer?

By Lee99

OMG! That is one product I will Never, ever, ever buy again! I love seeing it drape off the trees (we don't have it here but did in Charleston, SC and I loved it) and love the way it looks in potted plants. But when I bought some and put it on my potted plants, within an hour my whole house was swarming with gnats!

I took all my plants outside and got them all repotted and cleaned out, and tackled the hosue and finally got them all out of the house. Took forever!

So I tried one more time. This time before I did anything I soaked all the Spanish Moss in straight bug killer in a bucket for 2 days to make sure everything was killed. Then I put it on just one plant to test it out.

I was so glad I only did one plant, because lo and behold, those gnats came back! Don't ask me how, but they did! So now I just stick with pretty rocks, etc.

You can put it in the microwave for 1 to 3 minutes depending on the microwave. This will kill small any bugs such as redbugs and gnats. I would try asking at your local florist to see if they are interested in the moss.

Home and Garden Gardening MiscellaneousApril 27, 2009
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
Plate of Spanish rice with enchiladas.
Spanish Rice Recipes
Removing Moss from a Roof, Cleaning Moss off Roof
Removing Moss from a Roof
🎉
🎄