Killing Mosquito Larvae in Standing Water

Can I pour bleach into standing water (not drinking water) to kill the mosquito larvae that are "already" there? I just want to prevent them turning into adults.

By Marsha from Grafton, VA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You can buy tablets that kill mosquito larvae at a garden center. Just give them a call.

What are you going to use the water for? I had this problem with rainwater I was collecting for the flower beds. I just sprayed Raid into the water. It never hurt my flowers.

http://www.ehow  nding-water.html

This is an eco safe link to mosquito control. It has step by step instructions. In a nutshell:

Drop mosquito dunks containing Bacillus thuringiensis into the breeding area. These dunks will last up to 30 days and are safe for animals and children. They can even be used in watering troughs and water bowls. It may take up to 2 weeks before you see results, as these dunks target the larvae and prevent the larvae from hatching, interrupting the breeding cycle.

Purchase a couple or few "feeder fish" (e.g. comets or gold fish) at the local pet store, about a quarter a piece usually they love mosquito larvae. Depending on conditions (e.g. the water stays), they can live for years. If they die, you're out a quarter. Since they eat all of the larvae in a day or so, you'll probably need to drop a few flakes of feed in for them when the larvae are gone.

When I was in high school, we raised mosquitos and had to draw each stage of development. If you put a thin coating of cooking oil on the surface of the water, it blocks their breathing tubes and they die. Non-toxic and you only need a little oil swished over the surface.

Home and Garden Pest Control MosquitoesMay 30, 2010
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
mouse peeking out of a hole in a loaf of bread
Getting Rid of Mice Without Killing Them
Gravel Driveway
Preventing and Killing Weeds in Gravel
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 11:55:22 AM on 10.0.0.27 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.