Inexpensive Birthday Ideas

Looking for cheap birthday ideas for my 14 year old daughter and two friends.

By sistasista from Nashville, TN

If there is a beauty school nearby they could be treated to a wash and dry, manicure, something that isn't permanent. Take them out afterwards to Starbucks or a similar coffee shop.

At my nieces 14th birthday we had a Water balloon tossl, which is fun especially in the summer. You would have to make a variation of the game as there are only 3 playing but have extra balloons filled for the fun of just throwing them at each other.

Or you can do this one which is a lot of fun just have the hose ready to wash them all off. LOL..

Water Balloon Shave game

What you need:

1. Garbage bags or ponchos to cover participants' clothes or wear swimsuits.

2. Balloons filled with water

3. Shaving cream

4. Disposable shaving razor

Activity: Give participants ponchos or plastic garbage bags cut out to wear

Have the water balloons filled.Contestant's partner lathers the balloon with shaving cream. Contestant's partner proceeds to shave the balloon with a disposable shaving razor.

The pair who gets the cleanest balloon shave without out popping the balloon wins.Make sure they bring towels and bathing suit with them and an extra set of dry clothes. The girls had a blast with this one.

They played a game similar to Marco Polo only it was not in the pool, it was outside in the yard after dark and they all have a flashlight and it was fun as all the adults were out there as well to make sure nothing bad happened.

If you have a pool Marco Polo is still fun at 14.

Make a batch of cupcakes and let them go to town with decorating them. Get sprinkles and mini choc chips, sparkles, go to the dollar store and see what they have.

Also check out this post from these boards right here. This is a link to some fun from Thriftyfun.com

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf58088421.tip.html

The girls will have fun just talking and laughing and just plain old being together. Have fun and don't forget to take pictures of it all.

My daughters birthday always falls near a Ducks Unlimited Marsh...duck banding day. This is a free day with duck and bird banding, free BBQ lunch and they even build birdhouses. I don't know what you have in your area, but this is a real treat for my daughter and her friends. This is put on by a local outdoors club for kids to encourage conservation. My daughter just loves birds and animals so this is right up her alley! We usually have a sleepover the night before with movie rentals, dinner and cake, then a big breakfast and a day at the marsh. Then we get for ice cream at a local cheese factory and I bring them home. I take lots of pictures on my digital camera and email the best shots to each girl with a thank you; always a big hit!

Piggy Bank wearing Happy Birthday glasses and a party hat against a red background
Inexpensive Birthday Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayJuly 7, 2009
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Blue letter blocks spelling out happy birthday.
17th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
ribbon and balloon hair clip
Making a Birthday Hair Clip
🎄