Can You Dry Clean and Wash Clothes?

If you have clothes (cotton) that are NOT "Dry Clean Only" but you do Dry Clean them, can you then go back and wash them? Can you alternate or is this bad for the clothes to wash them once they have been dry cleaned?

Judy from Dallas, Tx

You can wash them after dry cleaning if you wish with no ill effects.

My mother used to wash certain things that had been dry-cleaned only to "freshen them up" as they were used - it worked, too. Just be careful in handling such items. Most need to be hand washed.

You are saying that you have dry cleaned a washable garment, and now you want to know if you can wash it again or if you have to keep dry cleaning it? You can wash it again. It doesn't make any difference if the fabric is washable, whether you wash it only, or dry clean it once in awhile. Some people like to dryclean garments to get the nice press job the cleaner does.

Yes you can. I used to work at a dry cleaner. They cleaned all of my clothes for free. Since my washer had gone out I took all but underwear in to be dry cleaned for free. I took underwear to the laundramat to wash. After I got my new washer I took up washing everything myself again.

Row of clothes hung up at a dry cleaners.
Saving Money on Dry Cleaning
Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingOctober 22, 2008
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Primary Colored Shirts on Clothesline
Making a Clothesline
Cleaning "Dry Clean Only" Clothing at Home, Row of Dry Cleaned Shirts
Cleaning "Dry Clean Only" Clothing at Home