Little Soap Bars

Those little soap bars that you get at motels and as samples go to good use by the side of the kitchen sink and wherever else you need just a little bit of soap. I save all of mine (even when they are slightly used) and put them in a bag to use up at home. And then I put them in a decorative saucer or interesting old ashtray by the sink. Much cheaper than liquid soap!

By pam from L.A.

Also the little sample shampoo bottles you get at hotels are useful for hand soap and bath gels, as well as extra shampoo when taken home.

I found some types of shampoo are better for washing clothes than your hair! Luckily they give you two-three days worth! They saved my expenses when I moved, and had to save money not buying big bottles, I just used what I had saved up!

I save the unopened ones to donate to a local women's shelter. Also the shampoos, lotions, etc.

Used soaps, I wrap with tissue, and stick in the bag of dirty clothes-- keeps the smell down! When unpacking, those soaps go into the bathrooms to use just like any other bar soap.

Put the little bars of soap between your mattress & bottom sheet towards the foot of the bed. Your feet should be able to touch them. You will have no more Charlie Horses! This soap has helped eliminate my arthritis pain in feet and knees! I found this article in the Houston Chronicle from a couple of Doctors. I have been doing this for 4 months and to me it is a miracle pain reliever. Put some in everyone's bed.

Use motel soaps and leftover soaps. Place in plastic bar shape container, breaking some to fit in spaces. Cover with HOT water. In a few days, pop out bar and let dry. When buying soap, remove from wrapper for storing. It will last longer as it gets dryer.

May 2, 2012 Flag

I have a lot of motel soap. What can I use it for? The family doesn't like it in the shower.

By Lisa

You could donate them to a homeless or women's shelter.

I keep them wrapped and put them in my drawers to gently scent my lingerie etc. Also, keep some in my suitcase for the same reason. If you open them and put them in an old knee high, knot near the soap and make a loop from the rest you can use it in the bath or shower since the nylon makes a gentle scrubber. Or hang it from the tap and you will have instant bubbles for free.

If you don't like to use them yourself, donate them to a shelter.

Take a knee high and slip the small bar of soap inside, then tie it to the outside water faucet. When you need to wash your hands, you are all set.

Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Pears soap fish.
Crafts Using Bars of Soap
Bar of Soap
Making Liquid Soap from Bars of Soap
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale