Storing Bars of Soap

Red bar of soap
There are some good tips for storing backup bars of soap. This is a guide about storing bars of soap.

Keep an extra bar of soap unwrapped to let it harden while using another one. It will last much longer and you benefit from the nice smell.

By latrtatr from Loup City,NE

Top Comment

As it happens I have a whole pack of unwrapped bars of soap drying in the backyard! When they've been outside for a couple of days, I bring them inside and they sit in the closet, makes the closet smell good until it's time to use them!

Top Comment

All this feedback just makes me smile and think of my 4 year old self helping my Nana unwrap bars of Ivory soap to harden in the linen closet tucked behind the towels and sheets. And then bragging to my mother about 'helping' Nana save money.

To this day, I buy soaps on sale, unwrap and harden them. Even fancy gift soaps get the treatment in our house! It took us months to use up a well-aged soap-on-a-rope.

The bonus is that I think of my mother and grandmother every time I do this.

When I purchase bars of hand soap, I remove the bars from the packages immediately, and place them on a shelf in my bathroom. The bars harden in the air, and it is amazing how much longer a bar will last!

By Vicki from Monroe, MI

Answers:

Store Bar Soap Unwrapped

I've also been doing this for many years and can vouch for the fact that they last so much longer. (10/01/2009)

By Cricketnc

Store Bar Soap Unwrapped

Hmm. I need to try this, especially since those bars of soap can get expensive! And the Dial we use now has an arc "cutout" of some sort, less for more, I suppose. It irritates me that companies preserve their profit margin at the customer's expense! (10/02/2009)

By JustPlainJo

Store Bar Soap Unwrapped

If placed on a shelf or in a drawer, they also make the room or drawer smell nice. I remember my grandmother's bathroom smelling like Irish Spring. You could smell it as you walked into the hall. (10/06/2009)

By Danialle