Bald Eagle (Jackson Bottom Wetland Preserve, Hillsboro, OR)

This isn't exactly a pet photo but so appropriate for the Fourth of July. This was taken at the Jackson Bottom Wetland Preserve in Hillsboro, OR during the unveiling of the eagle's nest exhibit. This bald eagle is a resident of the Oregon Zoo in Portland. They also had a golden eagle and other raptors on display that day with handlers. They are truly beautiful in person, I had never been so close to one before.

If you are near the Portland area, here is a link to Jackson Bottom. It is a wonderful park and education center with lots of trails and information.

Jess in Portland

Great photos of a remarkable bird.

How majestic. Thank you for sharing.

This spring, as I was driving to school, a bald eagle swooped down right in front of my car, and I swear, his feathers grazed my car's hood. It's the first time that I saw one in the wild. I still get excited when I think of it. The road I was driving on was next to a river, and he landed on the bank. I pulled over just to watch him. We were only a few yards apart, and he kept his eye on me, but didn't make an effort to leave. I was both amazed and in awe at the same time. They are such remarkable creatures.

Bald Eagle
Bald Eagle Information and Photos
Photos WildlifeJuly 4, 2007
Growing Quince, Canning Quince, Freezing Quince, Peeling Quince, Storing Quince. Selecting Good Quince. Holding Out a Ripe Quince
Canning Quince
Man Pointing at Brake Rotor
Fixing Squeaky Brakes
dog laying in grass
Remedies for a Dog With Bald Spots
small boy dressed as Michael
Making a Michael Jackson Costume
🎄