Recipes To Use Pantry Items

I have carrots, potatoes, onions, mushrooms, canned tomatoes, canned cream mushrooms, sweetcorn, tuna, ham, cheese, feta cheese, mozzarella cheese, tofu, chives, parsley, basil, dried herbs, pasta, and rice what can I make with it?

By hollylaura

Do you have any meat available, other than the ham and tuna? If not, you could make spaghetti or something similar. I sometimes spray a casserole dish, and make spaghetti sauce and layer it with pasta and cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Is cheap, good and goes great with a salad. Or, you could make a scalloped ham and potato casserole. Slice or shred your potatoes and mix with cheese, onions, cubed or shredded ham, cream of mushroom, salt/pepper, etc. and bake at 350 for about an hour.

I would just get creative if it was me. When I have a strange mix of stuff in the cabinets, I tell my husband I am going in the kitchen "to pull a rabbit outta my hat" and he knows by that, that there is no telling what kind of dinner we will be having. It's kinda fun to see what you can come up with and it usually turns out pretty good. Don't be afraid to experiment.

Good luck. Hope this helps. :)

You have a pretty good base for quiet a few different combinations . Do what I have done-look at your list and combine to make different combinations.

carrots, potatoes, onions, mushrooms, canned tomatoes, canned cream mushrooms, sweet corn. chives, parsley, basil, dried herbs, pasta or and rice - soup

tuna, onion, mushroom, mozzarella cheese, parsley & pasta=tuna casserole

tuna + flour + spices+ egg=tuna cake if don't have an egg search for some mayonnaise, cook rice & veg (carrot, onion & mushroom) separate and serve with cake.

Carrots, mushrooms, onions, cooked rice, and feta cheese or mozarella cheese mixed and cooled in frigde, and flavored with salt and Italian type seasonings could be a mediterranean type rice salad. You could also add the tuna &/or tomatoes, drained well and dried between paper towels or a kitchen towel, for more of a main dish type of meal.

You could change it up by subbing pasta for the rice, and serving it hot.

You have given me alot of great ideas to avoid some trips to the grocery!

For future reference, cookingbynumbers.com has all sorts of recipes. All you have to do is click on what you have on hand and they will come up with a recipe. It borders on the miraculous. Hope this helps.

So much to choose from.

Slice the potatoes and either bake them or fry them with salt and pepper to taste. You can also add diced ham to the fried potatoes near end of cooking or when baking from the begining with a little of any or all of the cheeses on top. Slice the mushrooms and saute with butter, salt, pepper , onions and your herbs, pulverize the tomatoes and add after the mushrooms are done, a dash of sugar and cook down, serve over spigehti noodles or rice. Dice one half to one potato, a quarter cup of each, corn , mushrooms and canned cream mushrooms, canned corn, onions, tomato or any vegetable you like, season with onions, chives, basis, Itallian season, add any type of meat diced including fish or shrimp, pork or chicken, cook on low for two to three hours, serve over rice or alone with corn bread.

http://www.homeplansoftware.com/freeware.htm

go here for free recipies and free software to save your recipies to along with a free shopping list creator that adds up you total cost for your shopping list.

A fully stocked pantry lined with half full jars.
Cooking From the Pantry
Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceAugust 15, 2009
Cans of Food in a Pantry
Organizing Your Pantry
Preventing Pantry Pests
Preventing Pantry Pests
Stocking a Basic Pantry
Stocking a Basic Pantry
Various promotional items.
Removing Logos from Promotional Items
🎄