Browsing: Easter Egg Dye Recipes

How to Make Your Own Easter Egg Dye

You don't need to purchase those boxes of Easter egg tablets to dye your Easter eggs and this is such a fun way for children to learn color wheel basics. This formula is for just one color mixture, so all you have to do is use the same formula for each color if you're planning to make multiple colors of eggs.

Oh, and in case you've forgotten the basics: Yellow and Blue = Green; Yellow and Red = Orange; and Red and Blue = Purple ;-)

• 1 tsp. distilled vinegar
  • 20 drops food coloring
  • 1/2 cup boiling water

Directions:

Set a wire cooling rack on a large cookie sheet or roasting pan and then mix water, vinegar, and food coloring in a small bowl. Submerge eggs in the dye mixture, turning occasionally until desired color depth is reached, about 2 to 5 minutes; remove eggs with slotted spoon or tongs and place on rack to dry. "Voila!"

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I've been doing this for several years now. I think it makes richer colors and my kids love mixing to see what combinations they can make.

You know, the cost of buying food coloring is so expensive, that I have done one better. Local salvation army's or goodwill stores stick out their seasonal items weeks early. I stop and pick up a few of the boxes of kits and use them. Usually $.50 or less per and for me it doesn't matter what the kit contains as long as it has the dye tablets in. Let's see, 1 bottle of 1 color of dye, $3, so for that I can have 6 kits. Stores don't ship them back. They clearance them or donate them. May as well be YOU who gets a good deal. I have a rubbermaid box with Easter egg decorating things in. I picked up the beautiful jewel tone grasses already for $.10 a bag. $1.00 at the retail store. I find my treasures are useful year round.

Easter Egg Dye Recipes
Easter Egg Dye Recipes
Holidays and Parties Easter EggsApril 20, 2011
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
Eggs in Colored Dye
Other Uses for Easter Egg Dye
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 3:51:41 AM on 10.0.2.7 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.