Sand Fleas

What are some tips to get rid of fleas and keep them gone? I believe they are sand fleas. They are all over the place.

By Robbie from Port Huron, MI

How to kill sand fleas.

My Home is invaded with different kinds of sand fleas sand was also placed in my flower bed how do I get rid of them?

We have a brick patio and pets. The patio is the favorite place for my dogs to lay. How do I get rid of the sand fleas outside on my patio? The bricks have a dirt/sand between them. I would prefer to use a home remedy.

By Jan v from IL

Answers:

Sand Fleas

I live at the beach in Massachusetts. We have a lot of fleas in the sand. When Jake is on his Frontline protection, the fleas do not bother him. (07/19/2009)

By mulberry204

How can I prevent getting bit by sand fleas (aka sand gnats) they are different than "no see ums"? Anyone who lives on the coast in Georgia knows what I am talking about. What can I use to stop them from biting me and my family?

Leah from Brunswick, GA

Answers:

Sand Fleas

In Florida, where I grew up, to get rid of sand fleas we used regular ol' Deep Woods Off and similar products. You area might have suntan lotions that have bug repellent in them. If not, just apply both the bug repellent and suntan lotion before settling down. The sand that's exposed during low tide will be more compact; you'll find fewer or no sand fleas there. I've found them in areas where the sand is "fluffy" or closer to the parking area 'n road. (12/04/2006)

By gator10tx