Sand Fleas

What are some tips to get rid of fleas and keep them gone? I believe they are sand fleas. They are all over the place.

By Robbie from Port Huron, MI

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

How to kill sand fleas.

September 5, 2010 Flag

We have a brick patio and pets. The patio is the favorite place for my dogs to lay. How do I get rid of the sand fleas outside on my patio? The bricks have a dirt/sand between them. I would prefer to use a home remedy.

By Jan v from IL

Answers:

Sand Fleas

I live at the beach in Massachusetts. We have a lot of fleas in the sand. When Jake is on his Frontline protection, the fleas do not bother him. (07/19/2009)

By mulberry204

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 15, 2009 Flag

How can I prevent getting bit by sand fleas (aka sand gnats) they are different than "no see ums"? Anyone who lives on the coast in Georgia knows what I am talking about. What can I use to stop them from biting me and my family?

Leah from Brunswick, GA

Answers:

Sand Fleas

In Florida, where I grew up, to get rid of sand fleas we used regular ol' Deep Woods Off and similar products. You area might have suntan lotions that have bug repellent in them. If not, just apply both the bug repellent and suntan lotion before settling down. The sand that's exposed during low tide will be more compact; you'll find fewer or no sand fleas there. I've found them in areas where the sand is "fluffy" or closer to the parking area 'n road. (12/04/2006)

By gator10tx

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
On the beach scratching fleas.
Getting Rid of Sand Fleas
Home and Garden Pest Control FleasSeptember 5, 2010
A cat scratching itself because it has fleas.
Treating a Cat With Fleas
A wall with fleas in it.
Fleas Inside of Walls
french bulldog puppy
Treating Fleas on a Puppy
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:53:24 PM on 10.0.1.73 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.