Why do Calla Lilies 'cry'?

Why do Calla Lilies 'cry'?

Jena from Glendale, AZ

I've never heard of Calla Lillies crying but maybe it has something to do with them being a a popular flower for a wedding bouquet and tears of emotion spring from many when seeing the bride walk down the isle ??? Just a guess ;-)

The only other thing I can think is that I've noticed my Calla Lillies drop little drops of pollen and maybe those are considered 'tears' ...

The doctor I used to work for had a potted one in his office that seemed to weep and always had sticky stuff on its stems, but mine never did that. I thought that maybe it was just a different type of plant than mine. If you took cuttings from his, they wept too once repotted.

I think maybe they aren't happy. Just kidding.

I'm not sure. This is the first time I have ever had any Calla Lillies...I have a yellow and a pink one but when I went to go cut the dead leaves off the pink one, I noticed water coming from the green leaves. It broke my heart to see an actual live plant crying. That is the first time I have ever seen anything like that.

They cry when they have been over watered. It is natural to calla plants and nothing to worry about.

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceFebruary 23, 2009
Growing Cannas
Growing Canna Lilies
Growing Lilies
Growing Lilies
Growing Calla Lilies
Growing Calla Lilies
Remedies for Colic
Remedies for Colic
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 20, 2017 at 10:38:41 PM on 10.0.1.138 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.