Cleaning Artificial Calla Lilies

Category Miscellaneous
Calla lilies are beautiful and artificial ones look real, especially from a distance. However, they do get dirty over time and require cleaning. This is a guide about cleaning artificial calla lilies.

I have a bridesmaid bouquet from my sister-in-law's wedding. It's calla lilies. They have this almost velor-type nap to them. The problem is that we had a couple of flies get in the house every once in a while last summer and they loved that bouquet. Now there are little brown spots all over the beautiful white flowers.

I've been reluctant to use water on them because of the material of the flowers and of course, I don't want to throw them away. If water won't hurt them, I'll do it, but I just want to be sure.

Diana from IL

Answers

By (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Try a tooth pick to see if you can lift the spots off and then a Q-tip to carefully clean the spots. There are cleaners for artificial flowers. But like a previous comment, you can put them in a bag with salt or cornstarch and shake well. Then clean residue off with a clean soft paintbrush. Give it a try to save them. Sentimental items are important in our lives, too.

I think you can enjoy the wonderful memories of the wedding and the quality time that you spent with the faux flowers, and finally allow them a resting place in the trash. Stop by the garden store this next week and purchase a real calla-lily plant to make yourself feel better.

By (Guest Post)

If you are thinking of taking the first hint of tossing them, at least try to wash them first. Maybe take one flower and try it. I have heard of putting them in a paper bag with salt and shake them to clean artificial flowers.

use white-out on the dots? roller type or paint-on? try in a hidden spot first -