Positive Potty Training

My tip today is for all you mothers out there needing an inventive way to reward your child for doing the right thing. When your potty training, it gets really frustrating trying to catch your child when they need to use the bathroom. My tip is to get a plastic jar and keep it in rest room. Fill it with little toys from the dollar store (you know the ones you get at birthday parties) and allow the child to have one each time they use the restroom, brush their teeth, comb their own hair, etc. This rewards the child with positive attention instead of negative and allows them to build healthy self esteem while they learn to take care of themselves.

By Denise from McRae, GA

good idea thanx. I use stickers and a chart I downloaded. My little one gets to choose one and put it on the chart herself.

Love this idea, thanx for sharing it with us, any & all ideas are encouragement for me to tell my youngest daughter to use with her children.

A child's feet sitting on a toilet during potty training.
Potty Training Your Child
Parenting Toddler and Preschooler Potty TrainingMay 2, 2007
Young child's feet dangling as they sit on the potty.
Creative Potty Training Ideas
Toddler boy sitting on potty chair holding a book
Potty Training a Toddler
Akita Breed Information and Photos
Cloth Diapers
Uses for Cloth Diapers