Shortening a Too Long Sectional Sofa

I have a sectional that is too long to fit in my new place. Can it be cut down?

By Barbara from Murrieta, CA

I suggest to move part of it in another part of the room, or call somebody that does that kind of work. It might cost more than the couch is worth.

Could you perhaps take the center piece (if there is one) out and replace it with a small table to make 2 separate couches, and put the center piece in a different room? I've never heard of one being cut down. Would it be able to be sold for a decent amount of money where you can buy another one that will fit?

If you are thinking to cut down one solid piece, as an ex reupholster, no don't try it. I would not have taken it as a job, if you find someone be sure to get a quote in writing.

If it is a sectional, it can be split into two wherever it naturally fits together. As Becca25 and Kffrmw88 said. If there is room put each section in different places in the room or put a section elsewhere in the house.

Home and Garden Repair Furniture SofasMarch 1, 2010
Sofa Bed
Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame
Sofa Bed
Sofa Bed is Stuck Open
Jeans
Shortening Jeans
🎉
🎄