Pull String Bag

An all round pull string bag can be used to accommodate a variety of things from shoes to bathroom bubble bottles. Made simply with two matching sized pieces for back and front, and an extra piece on the front for a pocket that is stitched down the centre for extra bits 'n' pieces.

By Ann from Carlisle, England UK

Homemade pull string bag.

Looks like a cute idea, but how do you place the strings in order to make the bag close?

Ann, My Mumma was from Ireland, Belfast to be exact.

She always called them ditty bags. I've made hundreds of them for the troops, homeless, Katrina survivors, women's shelters. Mum made one for me when I went to the Prom 50 some yers ago. She used aqua for lining and black lace for the top. I still have it. It's beautiful. So is yours. Love, Juanita

Crafts SewingJanuary 30, 2008
cement bags
Opening a Bag With Stitched String Closure
Pizza Pull Apart Recipes
Pizza Pull Apart Recipes
pull start mower
Repairing a Lawnmower Cord
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans