Ham and Cheese Pull-Apart Bread

Category Breads
This guide contains a ham and cheese pull-apart bread recipe. Small balls of dough, filled with ham and cheese, are baked together in a pan to create this delicious pull-apart bread. Pull-apart breads are fun to eat and the filling can easily be customized.

I had quite a bit of ham leftover from our big family dinner and wanted to use it in something new, fun and delicious. This is a huge flower-shaped ham and cheese pull apart bread that's great for parties. A bit of jalapeno is thrown into the mix to give a little kick.

Prep Time: 25 minutes

Cook Time: 25 minutes

Total Time: 50 minutes

Yield: 8-10 servings

• 8 ounces cream cheese
  • 1 Tbsp chopped jalapeno
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup chopped ham
  • 1 lb ready-made bread dough
  • 1 egg

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a bowl mix together the cream cheese, jalapeno and oregano.
  2. Fold in the mozzarella.
  3. Mix in the ham.
  4. Place the dough on a floured surface and knead it by hand. Then roll it out quite flat with a rolling pin.
  5. Cut out circles about 2 inches in diameter.
  6. Top each dough circle with some of the ham and cheese mixture.
  7. Fold it in half once.
  8. Pinch the edges in to make a tight crescent shape, the place on a circular baking dish.
  9. Continue this with the rest of the dough circles, placing them around the pan like a blooming flour.
  10. Beat the egg in a small bowl.
  11. Brush the dough pieces with the egg.
  12. Bake in oven for about 25 minutes, until golden.
  13. Let cool for 10 minutes as the cheese will be piping hot. Serve warm.

attosa,
Love this recipe and so many ways to 'spin' the ingredients to delight and flavor the palate time and time again! Thank you with a High Five!!! - 44delta

attosa, I always love your recipes, and this sounds great.
However, I find myself puzzled by the ingredient "ready-made bread dough". Do you mean thawed dough, like Rhodes or Bridgeford? I'll try one of those, if necessary, but could I substitute some homemade dough, from a bread machine 1 lb loaf recipe?

Thanks for your great recipes. :)

High five back at ya!! Enjoy!

Hi Dee! I used Rhodes bake and serve bread rolls! I let them rise with plastic wrap on them at room temperature, then I roll them out! You can also use the ready-made ones in the refrigerated aisle at the grocery shops. They're usually in a plastic bag and state that you can roll a large pizza out with it! :)