Treating a Dog With Ringworm

What do you use to get rid of a ringworm on dog's face?

By Barbara from KY

You need to use iodine, that is the ONLY product that really does work on animals. Always use a fresh, new q-tip to dip into the iodine and rub on the ringworm, never use the applicator included in the bottle! You will need to apply it at least 2 times a day for at least 7 days straight, 10 days would be even better.

Wash all bedding the dog has been on and be careful cuz you and your kids can catch it easily. If you do, use the same treatment! If any of it is near the dogs eyes, always put some mineral oil in his eyes before treating to protect them.

Dear Barbara, Please take you fur baby to his Veterinarian, he needs to have a skin scraping done to make sure it is ringworm and your Vet will prescribe the proper medication. Home Remedies do not work. Good luck

I understand the first poster only has your pets best interest in mind. With that said, I went to the vet and had my dogs tested for ringworm. It cost $50 per dog and took more than 2 weeks for the test to come back. It was ringworm and he gave me a $20.00 bottle of shampoo to wash them with. I would try the iodine first. It seems like it makes more sense to use the shampoo and if it works great if not then test.

Tea Tree Oil works wonders on ringworm. It's also very very safe for kids, pets, living things in general. Rub gently with a cotton swab dipped in tea tree oil two or three times a day until the spots are healed (you should be able to get this at rite aid, walgreens or a health food store; maybe GNC, too). I have used this on both pets and people with fantastic results.

Tea tree is very toxic to cats

Cat's Ringworm
Treating Your Pet's Ringworms
Pets Dogs HealthNovember 10, 2009
old dog
Treating White Dog Shaker Syndrome
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Treating the Soil After Tomato Blight
Treating Soil After Tomato Blight