Treating a Cat With Ringworm

I just noticed my cat had patches on the side of its head. Where there is loss of hair it looks like ringworm. Can I safely get rid of these ringworms without going to the vet? I don't have the money, but I would do anything for my cat.

By joann from Brooklyn, NY

Here is a link (with photos) that you should read:

www.cat-world.com.au/ringworm-in-cats

And here's another link:

www.fabcats.org/.../ringworm.html

If what you are seeing does not look like the photos in these two links and/or looks at all infected I suggest taking your baby to the vet even if it means begging to be able to make payments for the vet bill. Also, keep in mind that sometimes cats just rub their ears, head or mouth area on rough surfaces now and then because it simply feels good to them. I had a cat that did that and he would have little bald spots on his ears and broken whiskers once in awhile too because of it but since there was no infection or disease I knew there was nothing to worry about. He simply had bald ears and broken whiskers now and then ;-)

Cat hair is scant between ear and eye. Looks like half shot of hair. Ringworm is quite noticeable.

Easy treated with athletes foot spray, but not right around the eye. Tinactin, Dr Scholls, any common known brand.

Thank you so much for the info.

Thank you.

You can buy the same cream men use for jock itch, believe it or not, ringworm IS the same fungal problem. Wash your very good after each time you put the cream on. About 3 to 4 times per day.

Diluted apple cider vinegar and water rinse after uou bathe cat keep them warm and dry

Pets CatsJanuary 10, 2011
💘
🍀