Removing Paper Stuck to a Photo

Photographs save our precious moments and memories. This guide is about how to save a photograph that has paper stuck to it.

September 13, 2013 Flag

It's actually spelled oddly: 'Un-du'. They also have it on Amazon, and their search will find it even spelled correctly. Buena suerte!

May 11, 2007 Flag

I have a photo that got slightly damp and some paper is now stuck to my picture where it was wet. Does anyone know how to get the paper off without damaging the picture?

Jessica from Marion, NC

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Actually, you can probably soak the photo in water. When it is soaked through, remove the paper that is stuck. The photo can then be air dried or dried with a hairdryer. There is a very good possibility that the photo will have a tendency to curl afterwards though.

I worked for a printing company and rinsing photos with water is part of the printing process.

If this is a computer-printed photo done with printer ink, the water will only damage it further.

I used to develop and print my own photos. Take the photo and soak it in a container of lukewarm water. Handle it carefully. You should be able to get the unwanted paper off it. Take the photo up above the pan, shake it...then clothespin it to a line of string strung most anywhere...like between two chair backs. Once it has dried very well, you might have to put it between two heavy books to make it lie flat.

Janet Hounsell

Try Creative Memories Web site and or ask them I was a Consultant and they have great resources for restoring pictures.

An excellent product for that problum is called Undo. You can find it in any craft store. I have also seen it in Lowes. Walmart also carries it. I hope this helps. Janette

Home and Garden Repair OtherSeptember 7, 2013
Leather Topped Desk
Removing Paper Stuck to a Leather Topped Desk
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
Engagement Photo Ideas
Engagement Photo Ideas
🎄