Using Storage Bins for Traveling

You know those storage bins that you buy with the lock on lids? Well when they are not in "use" and it is time to go on vacation, use them as your suitcase. When hubby and I go to the beach, we pack all of our clothes and necessities in these bins, put them in the back of the truck (does not matter if it rains, they are waterproof) and off we are.

Not a lot of cumbersome luggage and at the end of your vacation, put all your dirty clothes in these too. Easy packing, easy traveling. If the lids do not fasten real tight, secure with a bungie cord. Happy vacationing.

By Julie from Liberty, NC

We did with food we took on our last vacation. I buy ahead starting a month or two in advance. I would get every week at least one item. Cokes, cereal, etc. (checking all the dates). That way when it was time to go it was all in the bin and we did not have to buy all the food at one time!

http://www.savingspotpourri.blogspot.com/

Um...I dunno...those things would be awfully bulky and hard to carry. I can barely manage a suitcase, when it's packed full, and it has a handle. :-(

Like to get some information about settling there with my family. Like to make email-pals, if possible.

i would want to remind everyone to not put dirty laundry in with the clean.

Doing so could soil other things &/or make clean clothing smell as if it were also dirty.

Use a laundry bag or tie a plastic bag with dirty clothing & other tied until it can be dealt with.

I know a woman who has used storage bins for traveling all over the US, for years. There is a group of about four women that go together and they each take a plastic bin with their outfits packed together as an outfit and they place their bins in the back of the SUV and when they reach their destination for the night, they take out the clothes they want for the next day along with a small tote bag that has their overnight supplies in it and enter the motel or time share where they are staying. The storage bins stay in the SUV during the entire time they are gone. I'm sure they probably put the dirty clothes in a plastic bag or something, maybe they even have to do laundry during their trips.

Great idea! Thanks for posting!

Packing for a Trip
Packing for a Trip
Travel and Recreation TravelOctober 14, 2008
Children Toy Box
Homemade Children's Toy Boxes
Woman With Allergies
Traveling with Allergies
Plastic Trash Bin
Uses for Plastic Trash Bins
Small packed suitcase open against a white background
Packing Light When Traveling
🎄