Knitted Scarf Curls and Rolls Inward

I recently knitted 2 scarfs and they both curl up and roll inward. How can I fix them?

By Vicki from Jacksonville, FL

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Wet each one with water (not hot) and then squeeze (no twisting) to remove the water Lay on a towel and using hat pins, put the scarf in the shape that you want it to be. Allow to dry completely. I use this method as taught to me by my mother in law and it works every time.

My mother-in-law, an expert knitter, told me that to avoid this problem, slip the first stitch of each row onto the other needle instead of knitting it. Worked like a charm for me! Something about those mothers-in-law.

The method mentioned using water is called blocking and how it is done depends on the type of wool. Check out http://www.knit  Tdiyknitter.html for info on all the different types of blocking.

Crafts KnittingDecember 28, 2009
Knitted Myrrh Bag
Knitted Myrrh Bag Patterns
Recycled T-shirt Scarf
Recycled T-shirt Scarf Ideas
Empty cardboard toilet paper rolls, ready for reusing.
Valentine Crafts Using Toilet Paper Rolls
Freshly baked white dinner rolls.
Saving Money on Dinner Rolls
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 3:10:57 PM on 10.0.2.188 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.