Knitted Scarf Curls and Rolls Inward - Categories:

KnittingCrafts

Knitted Scarf Curls and Rolls Inward

I recently knitted 2 scarfs and they both curl up and roll inward. How can I fix them?

By Vicki from Jacksonville, FL

Wet each one with water (not hot) and then squeeze (no twisting) to remove the water Lay on a towel and using hat pins, put the scarf in the shape that you want it to be. Allow to dry completely. I use this method as taught to me by my mother in law and it works every time.

My mother-in-law, an expert knitter, told me that to avoid this problem, slip the first stitch of each row onto the other needle instead of knitting it. Worked like a charm for me! Something about those mothers-in-law.

The method mentioned using water is called blocking and how it is done depends on the type of wool. Check out http://www.knit  Tdiyknitter.html for info on all the different types of blocking.