Tell Someone How You Feel For Valentine's Day

This tip is for a great, thrifty, and heart-felt Valentine's Day gift. The best part is, it's free! One year, I wrote a poem about my favorite aunt, who I'm very close to. Though my poetry is rather personal to me, I finally decided to share it with her for Valentine's Day not long ago. I found a beautiful frame on sale, and copied the poem onto some decorative paper, then framed it. My aunt loved it! She moved out of state some time ago, and recently told me that she has my poem on display in her house. She said that people have seen it and commented on it, and that she's always proud to tell them her niece wrote it for her.

I've also done a variation of this; writing a letter to an uncle who has helped me out in the past, telling him how much I appreciate him. Sometimes these things seem really simple, but they can have profound meaning for a loved one. After all, who doesn't like knowing that they're loved and appreciated?! So sharpen your pencils and start writing, Valentine's Day is coming soon!

By Lisa from Kenosha, WI