Removing Scalded Milk Stain from Pot

I heated onion soup with milk and let it boil over. I immediately soaked the pan in hot soapy water. I cannot get the stain off my pot. I have hand washed it, used steel wool, run it though the dishwasher multiple times and nothing works. Help please!

By Melinda D. from OKC, OK

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Pour some white vinegar into the pan and sprinkle in a small handful of salt and rub the stained away with a cloth or sponge. It might remove the stain and discoloration.

You might try lemon juice if the vinegar doesn't work. First, though, put water in the pan and get the water hot and boil again. This should take the milk stain up or at least make it easier to clean out by making the scalded milk come off the pan. Heat works sometimes when elbow grease does not.

Blessings,

Robyn

Also, baking soda scours well without scratching. Dampen a sponge, then put dry baking soda on and scrub in a circular motion section by section, adding more as you go. Scalded milk is one of the worst. Good luck!

My mom would put the pan on the stove half full of cold water. Bring to a simmer and then let sit for half an hour. At that point you should be able to get it clean. You might add a little dish soap.

A little Cascade dishwasher detergent in water. Simmer a little, let stand awhile. Newer DW detergent has no phosphates. You may have to add quarter teaspoon TSP.

If it's just a stain, it won't affect the pot. You can still use it. If it's stuck on milk, then one of the other suggestions should work.

Answer

Baked On Food in Broiler Pan
Cleaning Baked On Food
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesJune 27, 2011
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 29, 2016 at 6:09:02 PM on 10.0.2.240 in 675 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.