Using Extracts Instead of Juices

Is it OK to use extracts instead of juices or seeds? I'm thinking like orange/lemon juice vs. orange/lemon extracts. If it is possible, how much do you use per tsp. of juice?

holmanhouse from Eugene, OR

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Extracts are extremely concentrated and the flavour is quite a bit different than juices. You would have to water down the extracts quite a bit. For instance, if u needed say 1/2 c. orange juice, I would take 1/2 c. water and add 1/2 tsp of extract. Taste it. It may need to be stronger as I assume it would be mixed with other things. I would add more by drops after that.Please note also that many extracts may contain alcohol.

Thanks a lot! Your info will really be a help to me.

Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsJanuary 31, 2008
Halloween treats made from bananas and oranges. The oranges look like pumpkins and the bananas look like ghosts.
Healthy Halloween Treats
A frying pan of browned ground beef.
Browning Meat
Almonds
Making Homemade Almond Extract
Homemade Vanilla Extracts
Making Homemade Extracts
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 3:37:21 PM on 10.0.1.211 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.