Using Extracts Instead of Juices

Is it OK to use extracts instead of juices or seeds? I'm thinking like orange/lemon juice vs. orange/lemon extracts. If it is possible, how much do you use per tsp. of juice?

holmanhouse from Eugene, OR

Extracts are extremely concentrated and the flavour is quite a bit different than juices. You would have to water down the extracts quite a bit. For instance, if u needed say 1/2 c. orange juice, I would take 1/2 c. water and add 1/2 tsp of extract. Taste it. It may need to be stronger as I assume it would be mixed with other things. I would add more by drops after that.Please note also that many extracts may contain alcohol.

Thanks a lot! Your info will really be a help to me.

Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsJanuary 31, 2008
Halloween treats made from bananas and oranges. The oranges look like pumpkins and the bananas look like ghosts.
Healthy Halloween Treats
A frying pan of browned ground beef.
Browning Meat
Making Homemade Almond Extract
Homemade Vanilla Extracts
Making Homemade Extracts
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 19, 2016 at 8:24:41 AM on in 898 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.