Recharging Shake Flashlight

Ever had a "Shake Flashlight" (Faraday Flashlight) go dead on you? They work on moving magnetic fields - so put the flashlight near to a transformer that is plugged in - right next to it! Maybe near a fan motor case while it is running.

The magnetic field emanating from a transformer or motor coil will charge the flashlight up very quickly, so don't leave it there for more than 10 minutes or so. Mine was dead and came back in 5 minutes sitting on top of an old electric train transformer (plugged in).

By Doctor Bill from Eastern Washington State

I am a bit confused. Why not just shake it because it would recharge in a lot less time and no need to worry about possibly overcharging via a transformer?

Mine were dead and it took what seemed at least ten minutes to shake them back to life! My arms got a good workout :) I'm eager to try this instead. Although I have about 50 flashlights already so don't reallly need these two and am now thinking about keeping the two that I have in the car and wonder if the movement of the car over rough roads would recharge them? Everytime I see a new type flashlight on the market (usually at Costco or BJ's), I buy! I have windups, solar, etc. Think My obsession comes from being a night owl my whole life but when I was a teenager, we all had to be in bed by nine. I always took flashlights to bed and read books under the covers. The solar flashlights which are my latest purchase from Costco are terrific. Very bright light and nothing to do but keep them in the window to keep them fully charged!

Home and Garden Repair Electronics (Small)October 2, 2009
Candy Shake
Candy Shake Recipes
Protein Powder
Low Carb Low Protein Powder for Breakfast Shakes
Homemade Shake n Bake
Homemade Shake 'n Bake Recipes
Cell Phone Cord
Reinforcing Cell Phone Cords
🎄
🍂