Bunny Is Eating Shredded Paper in Litterbox

Is it safe for our pet bunny to eat the paper in her litterbox? I put in the papers that I shred.

By Talullah's Mimi from Charlotte, NC

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Should be fine, why don't you give your bunny some hay?

You should also give your bunny some wood to chew on. If you don't his teeth will keep growing and give him problems.

We give her lots of hay, and can't get her to chew on the wood apple sticks. She's 14 weeks old, so still learning I guess. Any ideas of something else to try?

Please take your bunny to the vet for a checkup and also to get all the info you need on having one. No, your bunny can't chew on paper, please use pellets as a litter box filler, Bunnie's are easily trained. Also, as in the post on this site today. Please give your bunny wood to chew on. Their teeth need to be checked every few months and sometimes they need to be clipped as they just keep growing. Good luck.

I let my bunny eat paper all the time! He loved it! He was free to hop around the house and I used to leave a basket full of plain confetti( at Walmart-plain white) for him to chew on. He loved it and would of course sometimes eat it. It gives them something to do. He also liked to chew on balls of yarn like spaghetti. Try it! It's perfectly fine. My bunny lived to be an amazing 12 years old. :)

Pets Rabbits AdviceJanuary 8, 2011
Shredded Paper
Making Shredded Paper for Crafts
Little boy in a brown bunny costume.
Making an Easter Rabbit Costume
Waste Bin Full of Shredded Paper
Recycling Shredded Paper
Yellow Lab puppy.
Litterbox Training a Puppy
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 3:54:06 PM on 10.0.0.234 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.