Is it Too Late to Start an Acting Career?

Is it too late to start an acting career at my age? I am trying to build my name quickly so my children who are as much interested in entertaining, have a foundation to stand on, as well.

I know I will do well, I just need to know "how to" when the only experience I have is with shows and events that I played in as small characters/parts that were for the purpose of work training. I have had great comments on my performances.

By crystalpearl from Houston, TX

Hard to say. You didn't mention your age.

I knew a guy that was in his 50's and was auditioning for parts as basically a background character. You know, someone needed in the scene but not as a main or secondary character.

It is never too late to start any endeavor. Good luck.

Never! Look for local opportunities first in theatre. Consider taking a class at a community college as they will do doubt have performances they do for the public. Also, consider going to a local agency (not the kind that rip you off - beware of those) and see how to put together a "book" - it would consist of head shots of you. In the dallas areas where I live, it is the Kim Dawson agency. Good luck.

Mrs.Story has a good point, but it's probably moot anyway. Who cares how old you are?

In spite of Hollywood, actors of all ages are needed. If you're in the right place at the right time, especially if you have "the look" the director wants, you'll get the part. And even extras make scale. Remember, Grandma Moses was 80 when she took up painting!

Hmm... A little difficult as you didn't state what 'my age' is! Depends on what you are looking for.. big star, theatre tv, film. However I will tell you that I didn't start my acting career till I was sixty! I'm a writer, many poems and stories published, but then I saw an opportunity to get into local theatre something I'd always wanted to try, and since then have been in several different plays and I love it! This is not big money, sometimes no money, but oh, the joy, the fun, the audience appreciation. Try if you can.

It is not late! I am talented for music and I know that no matter when you start, if you have talent your gonna be someone! Keep on following your dreams.:)

It's never too late, but there are a lot of factors involved. Hollywood is very fickle and there are never any guarantees whether you are Tom Cruise or just starting out. You are always going to be fighting for that next job. If you have the stomach for not having any type of security whatsoever in your career choice, them go for it. It is not like getting a job at IBM. You will be looking for your next job for the rest or your life. It's tough, but can be rewarding.

Better Living Self ImprovementMarch 11, 2010
disgruntled teen
Dealing With a Teen Who Is Acting Out
Late Summer Planting
Planting in Late Summer
College Graduation Gift
College Graduation Gift Ideas
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
🎉
🎄