Keep A Notebook By Your Bed For Night Ideas

I always keep a small book or paper and a pen by my bed, so I can write down ideas that come to me during the night. This happens a lot. I have even written down poems in the middle of the night and things I want to remember to tell people about or to do myself. This has worked just great for me!

Source: I thought of this when I was working and had a lot of things to accomplish in a short time. I was a bookkeeper and would have to balance to the penny. When I didn't, the answer usually came when I was sleeping. I would write it down so I could go back to sleep quickly.

By Cheryl from Nova Scotia, Canada

I started doing that when I was working too. If I'd wait till morning I'd often forget what it was I thought about, and it sure helped me. And it did help me to be able to go back to sleep right away. I still have it by my bed but seldom need to use it now, but when I do it is there.

My husband writes poetry and music (lyrics and melodies) and some of his best has come in the middle of the night so strong that they would actually wake him up. He learned early on to write it down right then so that it wasn't lost back into the ether of wherever it came from.

I'm doing the same thing now with my tips, recipes and crafts that I've collected and made over the years. I've never been one to keep much of the things I've made, so "out of sight, out of mind". They come creeping back into my consciousness sometimes in dreams, so I'm now writing mine down too.

This is a really good tip for anyone who might need help recalling their night time genius at work. :-)

Pookarina

I keep telling myself I'm going to do this, mostly at night when I can't sleep because I have so many thoughts racing through my head... but then I forget in the morning. And somewhere around this house, if I ever find it,I have an ink pen I got at Disney World that lights the page you are writing on so you don't have to turn a light on.

A girl writing in a journal.
Keeping a Diary or Journal
Organizing Memory TricksJune 15, 2011
Bedspring Santa
Making a Bed Spring Santa
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Iron Framed Bed
Fixing a Squeaky Bed
package with a featherbed topper
Using A Featherbed Topper
🎄