Use Drawers for Frequently Used Kitchen Items

I am about 4 ft. 12 in. tall, so in other words, I am pretty short. Standard cupboard shelves present a real problem for me. Then I thought "why do I have to use them for things I use everyday?" And the answer was, I don't!

I have these wonderful gliding drawers that are so easy to use, and deep to boot. So, I started putting things I use every day in them, to keep me from stretching and climbing! Works like a charm!

By Sandra from Salem, OR

You can also use drawer dividers to make it even more efficient.

I feel your pain! I am 5'2" and get tired of having to stand on a footstool to reach anything above the first level in the cupboard. The other day in the grocery store I had to ask a stranger to reach some juice for me that was on the top shelf. Kinda pathetic!

Marcie from Wisconsin

I agree, you should make things as easy as you can for yourself. I don't believe there's a "kitchen police" so set your kitchen up to the way it suits you best! I am also short at 5'1" and what I've done in the upper cabinets is use some lazy susan's so that items are brought to the front.

I agree, you should make things as easy as you can for yourself. I don't believe there's a "kitchen police" so set your kitchen up to the way it suits you best! I am also short at 5'1" and what I've done in the upper cabinets is use some lazy susan's so that items are brought to the front

There is no 4' 12". It goes to 4'11" and then 5'. So you are

5 feet even. Thanks for the idea, I am short also!

I am very short also. My husband installed base cabinets made for a bathroom vanity. The countertops are just the right height for me to prepare food on. Then, you can hang the wall cabinets lower also.

Organizing Your Kitchen, Dishes neatly organized in a wood cabinet.
Organizing Your Kitchen
Organizing KitchenSeptember 3, 2008
Dresser Drawer
Freshening Dresser Drawers
Kitchen Utility Drawer
Organizing Kitchen Drawers
Freezing Carrots
Freezing Carrots
Various promotional items.
Removing Logos from Promotional Items
🎉
🎄