Fixing Dresser Drawers That Stick After Painting

Category Furniture
This is a guide about dresser drawers stick after painting. Its not uncommon for drawers to stick after they have been newly painted. Rubbing the sliding edges of the drawers with a bar of soap or paraffin will usual resolve the issue.

I refurbished a small old dresser of my husband's for our daughter. I sanded it, painted, and redid it all myself. Now the drawers stick. I can't redo it she picked the colors herself and she loves it, but I don't want her to get hurt trying to open it. What can I do without having to do it all over again?
I have no more paint in those colors nor do I have the time. I need a quick fix.

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

Get a bar of soap and slide it along the drawer edges.

I recently painted an old wood dresser for my daughter. It turned out awesome, but now the drawers are tight and sticky to open. Is there anything I can do to fix this besides sanding and repainting them? It was fine before I painted it so it is due to the paint.

Answers

Best Answer

Try sanding the paint off on the bottom runners of the drawers and then rub candle wax on each runner.