Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed

Category Sofas
The mechanical parts and springs on your sofa bed may need to be replaced periodically, depending on use and age. This is a guide about finding parts to repair a sofa bed.

Sometimes the frame for your sofa bed becomes damaged beyond repair. Finding a new replacement frame can be a challenge. This is a guide about sofa bed frame replacement.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

I have a RV with pull out double bed sofa. My frame is in excellent condition. I only need the mat and the springs and whatever needed to attach the mat to the frame.

Answers

Here are a few online stores that you can check for your replacement parts. If I knew where you lived I could suggest some RV replacement parts stores in your area.

1. Braddandhall has replacement parts for a flexsteel RV furniture. The market looks like it sells parts for different RV's that use flexsteel furniture. http://www.brad  sp?idCategory=99
  2. RV Parts Nation is another company that sells replacement parts for RV's. I'm not sure if you have a high end or low end RV, but this is a good market to check out. https://www.rvp  om/rv-furniture/
  3. Camping World seems to have a very large selection of furniture, parts, and accessories for different makes and models of RV's. https://www2.th  s/feedback.lasso
  4. You can also do an online search of the yellow pages in your area and find out if there is any RV stores near you.
  5. Call the store and find out if they have the replacement parts you're looking for.
  6. If not, ask them if they can suggest a store that carries what you're looking for.

Repair Parts

Step 1
You can go to any RV dealer and order through them.

Step 2
Flexsteel makes most of the furniture for RVs, but you cant order directly from them. You can order from a company called Brad and Hall, an authorized Flexsteel dealer.

The cambrick under the mattress that is held with small springs is broken. Where can I buy one?

By Liz

Answers

Go to a furniture store. Most can order parts. You may need to take the broken piece with you.

Go to a mom-and-pop hardware store with the broken part. They can help you order it.

I am looking for a sofa repair person, I have a broken rivet that is connected to the bar that closes the sofa bed. I have looked at Home Depot and Lowe's and they say it is a custom made part. The sofa was made in Japan. I went to a Jennifer store and they said since I don't have a warranty so they cannot fix it. I bought the sofa there about a year and a half ago. I am in a bind I can't close my sofabed, all because of a small part.

By Cecilia from Van Nuys, CA

Answers

Use a bolt and screw a nut on it. You may have to go to a hardware store to find the right length but it can be done. My husband has repaired ours in the past and it holds great. You might need the assistance of another person to hold the two parts together until you get it fixed. Good Luck.

What you need is some sort of handyman or someone who is capable of fixing small things around the house. If you don't know anyone with that capability, why don't you try advertizing for someone on Kjijii or Craiglist or something like that. It sounds like a simple fix, but that is the sort of thing that big stores are incapable of handling.

Where can I find a new frame for my queen sized sofa bed?

By Jeanne O. from Scottsdale, AZ

I have a 3 cushion sofa bed that has a sagging spring? What parts do I need to repair it?

By SG

I have a queen size sofa bed. One of the rods broke and it sags in the middle. Where can I get a new one?

By sf from UK

I'm trying to locate/buy a 5 foot sleeping sofa (queen size) rod. It is placed under the bed carriage to support it when a person sits down.

By Jose from VA

By DONALD JONES from North Hollywood, CA

I am looking for 6 missing springs not a "s" shape, but regular. However, one end of the hook is wider to hook to the metal frame of the sofa bed. Does anyone have an suggestion? I looked at Lowe's and Home Depot, but the spring ends are the same and not a wide "c" shape end.

By Steve from Dallas, TX

I have an older sofa bed. It just needs a little TLC. Where can I get some replacement springs for it? I need: 12 - 3/4 inch x 2 1/2inch, the metal thickness is 1/8 inch. 13 - 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches, the metal thickness is 1/16 inch.

I hope you can be of some assistance. Thanks.

By Ricc from Long Beach, CA

Answers:

Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed

My dad had the same problem with an ancient fold out bed.
We went to Home Depot or Lowe's, I forget, it was a few years ago and he lived in Florida and I don't live there. They had springs for the replacements we needed too. Our springs had stretched!

Good luck! (07/22/2010)

By metroplex

Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed

If you cannot locate your needs in a hardware store, have you thought of contacting an upholstery business? They may have them available or direct you to where you can buy from. (07/22/2010)

By Myrna

Where does one find replacement parts for a sofa bed?

By Gim from Twin Cities, MN

Answers:

Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed

Look up the manufacturer on the web and contact them. Usually you can purchase the parts from them; or contact the store that sold it to you, they can usually order the part. Good luck. (06/16/2010)

By susan

Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed

Also from MN, do you mean divan, Murphy, Hide-a-bed? Each have different structure in how they are made. A handyman service might be your best answer if you got this 2nd hand and not from a store. A few nuts and bolts sometimes can fix most things with it unless it is a big structure thing.

One of the local Holiday Inns was changing out room furniture, my niece worked there and they sold it to employees/families first. You had not much choice from the supply, so we brought home 7 3/4 hide-a-bed sofas and took parts from some to make nice ones. At $25 each, cheaper than new. They were identical so we could do this. I recovered mine, put in new cushions and for the guy to sew the cushions it cost me just as much as the fabric for the whole thing. I don't use it as a bed unit, have a full sized one too in the living room. (06/16/2010)

By Grandma J

I need information in order to purchase brackets. They are plastic hinge hardware (2) for Natuzzi sofa bed. I need the pull down support bracket at foot of the bed.

Like many others, I have a sofa bed that is missing a bolt/rivet from the frame mechanism. Can this bolt be replaced or do I need a new frame?