Repairing a Sofabed?

I am looking for a sofa repair person, I have a broken rivet that is connected to the bar that closes the sofa bed. I have looked at Home Depot and Lowe's and they say it is a custom made part. The sofa was made in Japan. I went to a Jennifer store and they said since I don't have a warranty so they cannot fix it. I bought the sofa there about a year and a half ago. I am in a bind I can't close my sofabed, all because of a small part.


By Cecilia from Van Nuys, CA

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

October 12, 20130 found this helpful

Use a bolt and screw a nut on it. You may have to go to a hardware store to find the right length but it can be done. My husband has repaired ours in the past and it holds great. You might need the assistance of another person to hold the two parts together until you get it fixed. Good Luck.


Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 337 Feedbacks
October 12, 20130 found this helpful

What you need is some sort of handyman or someone who is capable of fixing small things around the house. If you don't know anyone with that capability, why don't you try advertizing for someone on Kjijii or Craiglist or something like that.


It sounds like a simple fix, but that is the sort of thing that big stores are incapable of handling.


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
Home and Garden Repair Furniture SofasOctober 10, 2013
Summer Ideas!
Pest Control
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2024-07-06 15:16:53 in 4 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2024 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.