Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed

Where does one find replacement parts for a sofa bed?

By Gim from Twin Cities, MN

Answers:

Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed

Look up the manufacturer on the web and contact them. Usually you can purchase the parts from them; or contact the store that sold it to you, they can usually order the part. Good luck. (06/16/2010)

By yoder178

Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed

Also from MN, do you mean divan, Murphy, Hide-a-bed? Each have different structure in how they are made. A handyman service might be your best answer if you got this 2nd hand and not from a store. A few nuts and bolts sometimes can fix most things with it unless it is a big structure thing.

One of the local Holiday Inns was changing out room furniture, my niece worked there and they sold it to employees/families first. You had not much choice from the supply, so we brought home 7 3/4 hide-a-bed sofas and took parts from some to make nice ones. At $25 each, cheaper than new. They were identical so we could do this. I recovered mine, put in new cushions and for the guy to sew the cushions it cost me just as much as the fabric for the whole thing. I don't use it as a bed unit, have a full sized one too in the living room. (06/16/2010)

By TandT Grandma